You can use a ruler, string, or any tools you choose for this Warm-up.
1. Draw a triangle that has sides with lengths 3 cm, 3 cm, and 3 cm.
2. Draw a triangle that has sides with lengths 5 cm, 6 cm, and 7 cm.
3. Compare the triangle you drew for question #2 with the triangle your partner drew.
a) What do you notice about the two triangles?
b) What is the perimeter of each triangle?
4. List side lengths for four different triangles that have perimeter 18 cm:
5. Can you draw a triangle with sides of length 3 cm, 4 cm, and 11 cm? If so, draw it here. If not, explain why not.